Meet the Team
At Saint Michael’s College, we prepare students to achieve lives of purpose and fulfillment both during and after college. To help students reach that goal, the College has created the Purposeful Learning Program – a bold initiative to support student success, aid in the transition to college, and engage each student in a four-year purpose-driven experience.
The Purposeful Learning program:
- Integrates academic and student life opportunities for a holistic experience to engage and connect students to the SMC community and beyond.
- Helps students reflect on their many experiences – with valuable support from a trio of advisors – academic, career, and success.
- Provides practical skill-building, connections, resources, and time to consider bigger questions as part of a 1-credit course in the first and second semester.
- Establishes a solid foundation for motivation, intentional choices, clarity of purpose, and a strong sense of belonging.
Meet the Purposeful Learning Team
As a Student Success Advisor I am honored to provide that same kind of support and encouragement to first-year students of Saint Michael’s College. One of my favorite things to do is be out and about on campus, engaging with all members of the community. Looking forward to getting to know you!
As a graduate of the College, I am honored to be back at Saint Michael’s College working as a Student Success Advisor. My passion lies in creating opportunities for student belonging, engagement, and success. I look forward to meeting you, hearing your interests, and connecting you with applicable opportunities to make the most of your Saint Michael’s experience.
Having worked in Higher Education as a coach, administrator and teacher for many years in academics, student life, athletics and career development, my hope is to provide you with an opportunity to experience the best of what Saint Michael’s College has to offer.
I am excited to work with you in your transition to college and help you find ways to make the most of your college experience. My passion for helping and connecting with students stems from my own experiences as a first-generation student, Latina, and daughter of Mexican immigrants. I hope I can be an advocate for you on your journey!
After almost 25 years in higher education, working in residence life, alumni relations, MOVE, and academic support, I am thrilled to be part of the Purposeful Learning Team. We’re here to introduce and connect you to the many supports and resources here at Saint Michael’s and encourage your involvement in the amazing opportunities available to you. Our purpose is to help you discover yours.
"Research has shown that helping students establish a mindset toward purpose can improve academic outcomes in addition to fostering a greater sense of fulfillment and well-being."
What’s the first step?
- Over this summer, take a moment to consider what you want out of college. What do you want to learn more about? What activities do you want to get involved in? What matters most to you?
- Your success advisor will be reaching out to you within the first few weeks of the semester. The very first day of classes you’ll be introduced to our whole team as we begin the Introduction to Purposeful Learning course. Together, we’ll begin to explore some of those questions above.
- For now, enjoy your summer and take a breath. You’ve chosen an excellent school and we are thrilled to have you joining our community. Be assured we will help you begin to connect and discover your purpose here.