Applying for Aid
How to Apply for Financial Aid
- All admitted students are automatically considered for merit-based scholarships based on their application for admission.
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the only application required to be considered for need-based financial aid. Apply online at studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa and use our Federal School Code 003694 to have your FAFSA sent to Saint Michael’s.
- The student and at least one parent (for dependent students) will need a Federal Student Aid ID (FSAID) to electronically sign the FAFSA.
- General Information on Completing the FAFSA
We encourage all students to complete and submit the FAFSA annually to ensure consideration for all available sources of financial aid. FAFSA information is used to determine eligibility for federal and state financial aid and need-based aid from St. Mike’s.
Have you applied and now you have questions? Many answers can be found here, but you can always contact us directly!
Determining and Maintaining Eligibility for Financial Aid
All financial aid programs have specific eligibility requirements, application forms, and deadlines. When you receive financial aid, you have the responsibility to make sure you are doing everything you can to retain your eligibility. Complete information about financial aid is available in the Student Handbook or from the Student Financial Services Office.
Eligibility for Federal Financial Aid:
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- You must be enrolled in a degree program
- You must have a high school diploma, GED, or have completed a home school program.
- You must not be in default on federal student loans or owe a refund on previous financial aid.
- You must be making satisfactory academic progress.
- If you have a prior degree, check with your advisor for additional requirements.
Additional information about federal aid eligibility can be found here.
Your Financial Aid Award
The exact timing of your financial aid offer depends on several factors. If you are an applicant for Fall 2024 Admission, submit your 2024-25 FAFSA once it become available in late December 2023 or early January 2024 to ensure your financial aid award is issued as early in 2024 as possible. Your financial aid offer may include estimated financial aid if we have requested any additional information or documentation or for federal/state award which are subject to budget approval.
Financial aid offers for returning students will be available in late May/early June provided the FAFSA and any additional required documentation has been supplied to our office. Financial aid awards for continuing students are prepared after we verify academic progression at the end of the school year.
In the event your household financial information has changed from the FAFSA tax year to present, contact Student Financial Services to discuss a financial aid appeal.